New York Metro Team
Who we are:
For over 25 years CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country
» Helping communities create 300,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
» Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions; and
» Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps.
Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and changes the lives of individuals, families and communities, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented professionals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Federal Policy Director. The Metro Team spurs the creation of supportive housing in NY, NJ and PA. The territory requires multiple approaches to systems change and supportive housing development to include strategies in very larger urban cities, suburban areas, towns, and vast rural areas.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and results-oriented individual for the position. Reporting to the Director of the Metro Team, the Associate Director will support the Director in overseeing the management and operations of the Metro Team program, in addition to functioning as a content area expert. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and inspired individual who is deeply familiar with supportive housing service models for vulnerable populations, and who has extensive experience working with multiple levels and systems of government.
What you will do:
- Using the Strategic Plan as a guide, partner with the Metro Team Director to provide strategic vision and thought leadership to identify, create and seize opportunities within the team’s three states.
- In coordination with the Director, develop effective working relationships with key leaders of state, city, county, philanthropic, and community based groups that are engaged in funding and advocating for supportive housing.
- In partnership with the Director, ensure the delivery of CSH’s products and services on time and within budget.
- Work collaboratively with the local, regional, and national staff and consultant partners to provide technical assistance, training and knowledge-sharing opportunities for supportive housing developers, service providers, and policy makers.
- Assist the Metro Team Director with the implementation phase of the NY City and State plan to develop quality supportive housing under the two new PSH initiatives (ESSHI and NYC 15/15).
- Engage new systems in investing in supportive housing, focusing primarily on health.
- Coordinate training and knowledge exchange activities and improve provider access to needed technical assistance and peer learning opportunities.
- Develop and maintain contact and communication with proponents of supportive housing statewide. Cultivate and maintain high quality relationships with CSH customers such as project sponsors, developers and service providers, state and local government, advocates and provider associations.
- Represent the Metro Team at various external community events, such as workgroups, advisory committees, and strategy sessions.
- Assist the Director with efforts to protect and expand public and private investment in supportive housing and to engage mainstream systems of care in collaborative design and funding of integrated housing and service programs.
- Supervise a Program Manager within the Metro Team.
How we work:
Passion for the CSH mission and possession of the leadership and management skills necessary to advance and realize CSH’s vision and further enhance the organization’s reputation in the communities we serve. Specifically, we are seeking:
- 7+ years of professional experience, preferably in the fields of supportive housing, Medicaid, Medicare policy, social services, policy analysis and policy reform.
- Demonstrated leadership, management skills and the high-level decision-making necessary to advance and realize CSH’s vision and further enhance the organization’s reputation in the communities that it serves.
- Experience in systems-level work in other service systems such as aging, healthcare, etc. Adept at working with executive levels of government.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred.
- Familiarity with permanent housing and services models for vulnerable populations such as: chronically homeless; veterans; re-entry populations, families, harm reduction, housing first, high-need behavioral health, aging, and developmental disabilities.
- Must be adept at providing the inspiration and supports program staff need to deliver high quality services and maintain effective relationships with a diverse array of constituents.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically and socially diverse communities.
- Demonstrated skills at building high quality teams and project management, including setting performance expectations and managing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical assistance and to plan, organize and administer programs and large group trainings.
- Ability to work well independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment, manage multiple projects and priorities and work cooperatively to meet internal and external requests.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office application skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.